About the role
Reporting Directly to the Transport Coordinator, Indigo Love / Few & Far is looking for an energetic, reliable, and punctual Driver / Warehouse Hand to join our growing operation. In this role, you will be working from and based at our Huskisson Distribution Centre. The main function of the role will be driving one of our vans or light rigid vehicles. Delivering and picking up furniture and homewares to one of our retail stores, customers and other freight forwarders.
From time to time you may be required to help out with general warehouse tasks that may include but not limited to: Unloading of containers, putting away of stock, picking & Packing.
The ideal candidate will be presentable and a willing participate in a vibrant workplace culture that is growing and changing rapidly. You will be committed to maintaining a safe and positive work environment. You will keep your work environment clean and tidy at all times, and comply with relevant safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
To ensure success, you will need the ability to follow instructions and operate in an orderly manner. Preferred applicants will be hard-working and focused with an outstanding can do attitude.
Responsibilities and Duties Include:
- Drive transport vehicles, such as light rigid trucks and vans, when necessary to deliver stock to customers, freight forwarders, or branch transfers to our retail stores.
- Ensure equipment, trucks and vans are properly maintained and any vehicle issues are reported.
- Loading and unloading delivery vehicles and overseas shipping containers.
- General Warehouse tasks that may include but not limited to: Put-Away of stock, Picking & Packing.
- Be part of a team culture that is passionate about maintaining a safe and clean working environment by keeping storage areas, staging areas, and work stations neat & orderly at all times.
- Work as part of a team and maintain a positive can do attitude
Skills and experience:
- Positive work history that demonstrates reliability and ability to maintain solid attendance.
- Current full drivers licence (C Class) with a clean record. LR / MR licences not necessary but could be an advantage.
- Must be able to drive a manual vehicle.
- Warehouse Experience not necessary but could be an advantage.
- Furniture removal experience a plus.
- Good communication, interpersonal and time management organisational skills are necessary.
- Must present well, fit & capable of heavy lifting from time to time.
- Must also be competent in possibly manoeuvring awkward furniture pieces.
If you would like to join our growing business and energetic team on the beautiful South Coast of NSW, please email a copy of your resume and cover letter to Justin Tester (Operations Manager) operations@