D.N SOLBERG & T.L SOLBERG trading as Few and Far (FEW AND FAR HOME) (hereinafter in this policy referred to “we”, “us”, “our”, “the company” or “Few and Far”), recognises the importance of protecting the privacy and rights of individuals in relation to their Personal Information. This policy sets out how Few and Far will handle the personal information that you may disclose to us when using a Few and Far website (accessed from “www.fewandfar.com.au”) or other Few and Far services. This policy contains information on how Few and Far uses, discloses and stores personal information.
Few and Far respects your rights to privacy as outlined in the Privacy
Act 1988 (Cth) (the “Act”) and the National Privacy Principles (the “Principles”) by the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC). Australian websites and web addresses are actively monitored by the OAIC.
We comply with all of the Act’s requirements and the Principles’ guidelines in relation to the collection, management and disclosure of your Personal Information. For more information, visit www.oaic.gov.au.
What do we do with your information?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
Text marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send text messages about our store, new products, and other updates. Updates include Checkout Reminders. Webhooks will be used to trigger the Checkout Reminders messaging system.
What is personal information?
Generally, the term ‘personal information’ as outlined in the Act includes any information that you have provided us that can be used to personally identify you, including your name, addresses, telephone number and email address. If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are identifiable from it, the information will be considered Personal Information.
What Personal Information do we collect and hold?
We may collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Telephone number;
- Billing, delivery, mailing and email addresses;
- Date of birth, gender, age, purchase history and interests;
- Details of the products and/or services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any information necessary to deliver those products and services, and to respond to your enquiries;
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence, and;
- Information you provide us through surveys or visits to our retail spaces.
Other information we may collect
We collect anonymous information on website activity for the purpose of evaluating our website’s performance and to improve the content we display. To evaluate the effectiveness of any online advertising, we may use third parties to collect statistical data. No Personal Information is collected on these occasions. We may log IP addresses (the electronic address of a computer connected to the internet) to analyse and examine trends, track users’ movements when visiting our website, and gather broad demographic information. This is all with the intention of improving our service and digital presence for our customers.
Our website uses Google Analytics and other related Google services together to continually improve our service to you, our customer. This practice is known as remarketing and is a tool that Google offers to businesses.
Few and Far uses tracking technologies such as cookies to recognise your browser each time it visits our site, and to track which pages you visit whilst on our site. We use this information to optimise our website and create a better online experience for our customers.
What are cookies?
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to a computer's hard disk for record keeping purposes. Most web browsers are set to accept tracking technologies such as cookies. These tracking technologies do not themselves personally identify users, although they do identify a user's browser. However, if you do not wish to receive any cookies, you may set your browser to refuse them.
How do we collect your Personal Information?
We collect your Personal Information directly from you unless it is unreasonable to do so. When collecting Personal Information from you, we collect in the following ways:
- Through your access and use of our website;
- During conversations between you and our representatives;
- When you ask for a quote to be prepared;
- When you make an in-store or online purchase;
- When you contact us for further information or register your details on our website;
- Your participation in surveys and other types of research;
- When you enter a promotion or contest hosted by Few and Far;
- When you subscribe to our mailing list;
- When you provide information via social media pages such as the Few and Far Facebook page or our Instagram account;
- When you express interest in a particular Few and Far service; or
- When you submit a job application or résumé.
What happens if we can’t collect your Personal Information?
If you do not provide us with the Personal Information outlined above, we may not able to:
- Provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
- Provide you with information about our products and services that you may want, including information about discounts, sales or special promotions; or
- Tailor the content of our website to your personal preferences meaning your experience of our website may not be as enjoyable, successful or useful.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your Personal Information?
Few and Far uses, collects and holds your information to better understand your needs and provide you with better service.
Few and Far may share your Personal Information amongst third-parties as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) of Few and Far. We also use, collect, hold and disclose your Personal Information:
- To complete a transaction in store or online via our website, and deliver products and services;
- To deal with your queries or customer service issues promptly whether by email, telephone or mail. We may also keep information on your communications with our customer service representatives;
- Responding to social media;
- To keep you up to date with relevant products, services, events or promotions we think would be of particular interest through a variety of channels. You are able to "opt-out" from this activity at any time;
- To enhance your customer experience in store and online and help us complete your transactions more efficiently;
- For planning, marketing or research purposes;
- When recruiting staff and contractors;
- To provide you with access to protected areas of our website;
- To conduct business processing functions including providing Personal Information to our contractors, service providers or other third parties.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to:
- Our employees, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to provide products and services to you including (without limitation) web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships for business, marketing, and related purposes;
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent; and
- to comply with any relevant international and domestic law.
We may disclose Personal Information to our third-party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your Personal Information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your Personal Information. We may disclose your Personal Information to entities located outside of Australia.
Direct marketing materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including social media and email, in accordance with applicable laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so.
Access and correction
You may request access to any Personal Information we hold about you at any time by contacting us.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the Personal Information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If you believe that the Personal Information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it.
Breach of privacy
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us as soon as possible and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
Our procedure for investigating and dealing with privacy breach may involve: making an assessment; taking immediate steps to amend the breach; designating a person/team to coordinate a response; determine whether the context of the Personal Information is important; establish the cause and extent of the breach; identify what is the risk of harm (if any); conduct a risk analysis on a case-by-case basis, and consider whether notification is required.
Third-party web sites
Links to third party web sites on www.fewandfar.com.au are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave our site. Few and Far is not responsible for any of these sites, their content or their usage of your Personal Information. It is the responsibility of your customer to ensure they have read, understood and agreed to comply with any third-party website policies.
Few and Far is committed to ensuring the security of your Personal Information and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect this information from loss, misuse or alteration.
Changes to this statement
Contacting us regarding this policy
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your request or complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that any complaint is resolved in an efficient and appropriate manner.